Monday 21 October 2013

Logo Development

 These are 2 logo designs I chose to take forward and develop further.








After choosing 2 logo’s to further develop, I started developing the megaphone logo first, I experimented around with soft or sharp edges, different weights and merging letters. For the broadcasting logo there was a little less development to do, I tried different weights and whether the letters should all one shape or stand alone. Once I finished developing both logo’s I had to decide which one to use in the campaign, feedback suggested I use the broadcasting logo so I chose that one.






I started to experiment with spacing and composition with the three letters on illustrator, I decided to use the top left one as I think it reads best and creates the strongest shapes. I felt the other 2 either had too much space between letters or created an awkward legibility.








I decided to use this as my final logo. I will leave it black for business application such as business cards and letterhead, and use colour on the more creative applications such as posters and leaflets.







I tried it a different sizes to see if it is still legible at smaller sizes, the "AMA" is still readable but the mast loses a bit of visibility.




I experimented with basic colours, I think the red and blue work best, I will use these colours for the creative applications such as poster, t-shirt, leaflets. Will use the blue for background and red for logo.




After picking the red I played around with different shades, top middle and bottom right I think work best.

No comments:

Post a Comment