Monday 21 October 2013

Evaluation

My assignment brief was to research a cause and create an Awareness Day campaign for it. I chose Alternate Media sources for my cause. I enjoyed this project because I approached it differently than previous projects, I maintained a degree of detachment from it so that I chose designs/colours based on feedback and not personal preference. I also enjoyed the entirely digital side of this project, compiling all the information onto a blog is probably the best way for me to present my journal. Cant think of anything I disliked within the project. 

If I could do this project again I think I would try to merge the megaphone logo and broadcasting mast logo as I think would be possible and could have produced a really interesting result, also I may have spent a bit longer on generating name as I think something a bit shorter and snappier could have been generated although I think that Alternative Media Advocacy is perfectly functional and does its job. Also I think it would have been much smarter to produce a time plan at the beginning breaking down each task and then fitting them into the 6 weeks accordingly.

If I could change one thing about this project it would be that we wouldn't have had to design a logo for an awareness day but rather re-branding a current well-established company such as Microsoft, Apple, Coke, NatWest, etc.  I think this could have been good because there already big companies with really clear objectives and well developed history of previous designs which could be revamped or simply an minor influence in the new logo.

What I learnt most from this project is keeping a certain amount of detachment from the logo because it can really slow down a process if your trying to make something you artisticly like over something that is functional and fits a practical purpose. I think that If I had gone down an artistic route I would have picked the megaphone logo because its a bit more creative and visually exciting but I don't think it best communicated media, communication and worldwide as opposed to the broadcasting mast that I used. This approach also made making the business cards, leaflet, poster, etc. much easier as I didn't spend loads of time trying to create a masterpiece but rather something that does its job well.

No comments:

Post a Comment