Monday 21 October 2013

Campaign Strategy

Alternative Media Advocacy is awareness campaign promoting alternative media over mainstream media. I decided to choose this as my subject as its very relevant as mainstream media is publicly accepted as being bias or presenting information in a certain light whereas alternative media simply provides as much information as possible from first hand sources whilst retaining its transparency. Alternative media also covers more controversial stories that wouldn’t typically be on mainstream media.


Alternative Media Advocacy aims to provide links to Alternative media, Mainstream media and Citizen Journalism websites so that people can see the differences in stories and what stories are reported on. Alternative Media Advocacy is aimed at anyone interested in the news but is mainly aimed at internet users as most of the Alternative media is found online.
 
The aim of my branding is to create something clean, simple and that clearly displays the information in a straight forward format. The campaign needs to appeal to a younger audience but not exclusively, also needs to appear light and friendly so that people are enticed to look further.

Audience:

The Audience or target market for my awareness campaign is mainly internet users and students. As most of the Alternative Media is accessible online and students today will be influencing and creating the future. I believe these are the best 2 best markets to aim for. I aim to provide them with links to Alternative/Mainstream/Citizen Media so that they can decide for themselves which are best and most useful.

-

Campaign:

For my street campaign I aim to produce a poster, leaflet, business card, letterhead. And for my internet campaign I aim to produce a frame advert, social media page on Facebook, mobile advertising and a website mock-up. I aim to produce a poster, leaflet, business card, letterhead to put inside colleges and university's to initially get students interested and then the internet campaign will consist of the same information just more direct as they can use the website to get to Alternative media sites.






Information:
The information I'm trying to get across in this campaign is to explain why Mainstream media isn't as credible as they may believe and that if they spent some time looking on the internet they can find some unbiased coverage, with more time spent on the facts than making the story suit a certain side. I am to do this by promoting some Alternative Media sites, I don't think I really need to emphasize the mainstream media's bias as I think that's generally excepted but Ive never seen anything really promoting other forms of gathering information on world events.

No comments:

Post a Comment